How to apply for residential aged care with MYVISTA.
We're here to help
The process of moving into Residential Aged Care can seem complex. That's where our Customer service team is happy to help you through the process.
What you need to do
Organise to have an Aged Care Assessment (ACAT)
This assessment will determine your eligibility for Government subsidised aged care services.
You can apply for an assessment online or call the Government My Aged Care team on 1800 200 422. You may already have an ACAT assessment that was previously arranged by a hospital or your GP.
Complete and submit the Centrelink Assets & Income Test for Aged Care.
You don't have to wait for the results of this test before applying for care and being admitted.
Once you have received the ACAT assessment, call the MYVISTA Customer Service team on 08 9207 4666 and provide us with the referral code for Residential Permanent or Respite Care. Alternatively, you can email a copy of the assessment documentation to email@example.com
If you are unsure what to do please call our friendly and knowledgeable staff on 9207 4666.
What happens next?
- Your ACAT will be reviewed by our Clinical team to determine if we can meet your specific care needs. We'll get back in touch with you as soon as possible to let you know.
- We'll invite you to come and have a tour of the Aged Care facility you're interested in moving in to. On the tour we'll show you an example of our rooms and the common dining and social areas. We'll also talk to you about what kind of meals we serve and the social activities we provide. This is a good opportunity to ask us questions about life at MYVISTA.
- At the end of the tour you will be given an information and application pack. If you have relevant information regarding your asset and income position, we can also discuss fees and charges at the tour. Alternatively, you can provide us with financial information later and we will provide a quotation.
The admissions process
- If you have decided you'd like to move into MYVISTA we will schedule a preadmission meeting and date for you to move. If we don't have a place available we can place you on a waitlist for a room.
- At the preadmission meeting you will provide us with your completed paperwork. You will also meet with a member of our clinical team and provide information about your personal care requirements.
Having the preadmission meeting means that on admission day you can just concentrate on settling into your new home without the need to complete all the paperwork on the day, other than signing the Agreement for Care contract.
Our staff are happy to explain explain these steps to you again over the phone or in person.
Frequently asked questions
The price of the accommodation is based on its quality, condition, location and amenities.
We cater for people with all levels of income and assess them on an individual basis.
Prices and charges are based on the individual resident's financial circumstances, Centrelink Income and Assets information provided, and the Federal Government prescribed guidelines.
Please visit our fees and charges page for further information by clicking here.
Once you receive ACAT approval and we have assessed your situation and agree we can meet all your care and clinical needs, you may be able to move in within one to two weeks.
Yes we have a limited number of respite places available in aged care. Please speak with a MYVISTA customer service officer to discuss your situation. Phone 9207 4666 (option 2).
Yes. Many residents enjoy going out with family or friends and are encouraged to so do.
Yes you can. Australian Government subsidies allow for up to 52 days of social leave in a financial year, and you can take extra unfunded social leave if you wish to.
Yes you can. You're very welcome to make your room feel like home by with items like a radio, photos and ornaments. All electrical items brought into MYVISTA are required to be safety tested and tagged before they are installed. There are some restrictions in the rooms which the customer servicer officer will explain.
Yes both are available for an extra charge.
MYVISTA clinical staff support the administration and storage of your medication. MYVISTA engages the services of a local pharmacy as our preferred supplier to make medication ordering and delivery easy. The pharmacy issue the resident directly with a monthly account for any medications or additional products, which you pay directly to the pharmacy.
Yes, as long as your health and wellbeing, and that of other residents is not compromised, you are free to purchase and enjoy alcohol in moderation.
MYVISTA is a smoke-free environment. Residents, family members, visitors and staff are not permitted to smoke anywhere on MYVISTA property or grounds.
Yes. All personal laundry is done on site and every care is taken by staff with your clothing. To prevent loss, all clothing must be labelled and our laundry staff can attend to this. Residents or family members are encouraged to arrange for clothing to be labelled as soon as possible and whenever new clothing is purchased. There is a small charge for labels and labelling.