COVID updates for the MYVISTA community
MYVISTA is committed to the health and safety of its residents, customers and staff.
Our COVID response is being led by an Outbreak Management Team who work across the organisation to continually monitor and respond to the current situation.
With COVID present in the community MYVISTA remains alert and responsive to the changing conditions.
We encourage all visitors to residential aged care to have the available vaccinations for COVID and also for Influenza.
We recommend you contact reception staff prior to visiting to Balcatta and Mirrabooka residential aged care to check current arrangements.
All visitors are required to:
- undertake a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) at the time of your visit and have a negative result to enable visiting
- undertake a COVID screening check
- wear a mask at all times while visiting the facility, ensuring it covers your nose and mouth (this may be an allocated mask depending on the site's current COVID status)
- maintain 1.5 metre distance from others when visiting and not visit in common areas and,
- do not visit if you are unwell or have sore throat, cough, are sneezing or have cold / flu like symptoms, or if you have had a close contact with a suspected or confirmed COVID positive person.
The current health advice for COVID is for everyone.
- You are encouraged to have all available COVID vaccinations and boosters
- You are encouraged to have the current year influenza vaccination
- Resident representatives should seek to understand and provide consent for antiviral medications. Antiviral medication will not stop residents getting COVID or passing it on to other people, but may reduce the symptoms and the risk of hospitalisation.
- If you feel unwell with cold or flu like symptoms, test yourself or get tested for COVID and don’t go to work or visit vulnerable/ older people.
- Maintain social distancing and practice good hand hygiene.
MYVISTA follows Government Directives regarding visitors to people in Residential Aged Care.
Information on these directives can be found here.