MYVISTA is a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity that actively supports the communities it serves. MYVISTA specialises in providing culturally appropriate care for the aged, and accommodates people from all cultural backgrounds.
MYVISTA was created for the community, by community groups. This unique Australian project resulted from the efforts of six ethnic clubs.
- Sicilian Association of WA (Inc)
- Vasto Club Circolo Abruzzese of WA (Inc)
- Tuscany Association – Perth (Inc)
- Yugoslav Centre (Inc)
- Macedonian Community of WA (Inc) and the
- Macedonian Cultural Centre “Illinden”Perth WA (Inc).
The forward thinking and visionary planning to support the ethnic elderly within the community is a tribute to the collaboration and partnering of these clubs. It is how, and why, MYVISTA was created. It is our heritage and our multicultural spirit continues to shine through in our staff mix which is something we are very proud of. The organisation acknowledges the many individuals, companies, State and Local Governments that made the concept of the aged care facility a reality.
Stirling Ethnic Aged Homes Association (Inc) now trades as MYVISTA.
MYVISTA represents each of the original ethnic clubs:
M= Macedonian, Y= the former Yugoslavia, V= Vasto, I= Italian, S= Sicily, T= Tuscany, A= Adriatic
The Board and Management of Stirling Ethnic Aged Homes Association (Inc) officially opened stage one in October 1994, a 40 bed hostel catering for the needs of the elderly from Southern European origins. Since its inception, MYVISTA has grown from the initial 40 bed hostel to now operating:
- a multi-purpose 102 Residential Aged Care (opens in new window) facility that provides care and services for all levels of aged care, including dementia specific care, palliative care, chronic disease and aged care frailty, and
- 43 Retirement Village (opens in new window) units with a variety of unit options.
Mirrabooka – an additional facility opened in 2020
- a modern 112 Residential Aged Care (opens in new window) facility providing care and services for all levels of aged care, including dementia specific care, palliative care, chronic disease and aged care frailty, and
- 45 Retirement Apartments (opens in new window) with a variety of layout and colour scheme options. The apartments are specifically designed to accommodate assisted-living equipment should care needs increase over time.
Home Care services (opens in new window) to support older people with living safely and well in their own homes. MYVISTA is an approved home care provider.
MYVISTA's motto is:-