Click to set custom HTML
Useful links and resources
Each link opens in a new window
Each link opens in a new window
- Australian Guardianship and Administration Council (AGAC) have developed a national ‘Best Practice Resource’ concerning enduring appointment for financial decisions . It aims to help members of the public decide whether to make an enduring power for financial decisions. With helpful tips, personal stories and examples of wording to use if they choose to make one.
- Download guide https://www.agac.org.au/images/stories/you-decide-who-decides.pdf.
- This guide complements the existing information available on the Office of the Public Advocate’s website about the enduring power of attorney in Western Australia.
- Aged and Community Services Australia Inc (ACSA) is the national peak body in Australia representing over 1,100 church and charitable and community based organisations providing accommodation and care services to over 700,000 older people, people with a disability and their carers. http://www.acsa.asn.au
- ACSA jobs portal. The focus is on careers in aged care including Residential Care, Community Care and Independent living. If you are a nurse, care worker or an allied health professional this is the place to go for employment opportunities. http://www.agedcarejobs.org
- The Aged Care Quality & Safety Commission's role is to protect and enhance the safety, health, well-being and quality of life of people receiving aged care. They promote high quality care and services to safeguard everyone who is receiving Australian Government funded aged care. If you have a concern about the care you or someone else is receiving, you can express your concern or make a complaint on this website: www.agedcarequality.gov.au
- Advocare Incorporated (main site for WA advocacy) is an independent, community based, not-for-profit organisation that supports and protects the rights of older people and people with disabilities. http://www.advocare.org.au
- Older Persons Advocacy Network. OPAN organisations support consumers and their families and representatives to effectively access and interact with Commonwealth funded aged care services and have their rights protected. https://opan.com.au
- Department of Health (WA). WA Health is Western Australia’s public health system and is focused on ensuring that Western Australians receive safe, high quality and accessible health care. https://ww2.health.wa.gov.au
- Department of Health (Australian Government). Provides information, tools and resources to support the aged care sector. https://agedcare.health.gov.au
- Department of Human Services. Delivers social and health payments and services. https://www.humanservices.gov.au
- To help you understand all the rules and regulations around aged care, go to www.agedcare101.com.au where you will find all the answers along with links to My Aged Care.
- The My Aged Care website has been established by the Australian Government to help you navigate the aged care system. My Aged Care is part of the Australian Government’s changes to the aged care system which have been designed to give people more choice, more control and easier access to a full range of aged care services. http://www.myagedcare.gov.au
- The Office of Multicultural Interests (OMI) is a division of the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries. Its key role is to advise the Minister for Citizenship and Multicultural Interests on the development of State Government policies and programs to achieve the full potential of multiculturalism. OMI provides information, advice, funding, training and support to communities and community organisations to help build strong communities that maintain and share their diverse cultures and participate actively in all aspects of Western Australian life. http://www.omi.wa.gov.au
- Partners in Culturally Appropriate Care (PICAC) aims to improve partnerships between aged care service providers, culturally and linguistically diverse communities and the Department of Health and ensure the special needs of older people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds are identified and addressed. http://www.culturaldiversity.com.au
- Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety. The Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety was established on 8 October 2018. The web site provides information about the work of the Royal Commission and how you can engage with the Commission, including how submissions can be made, and when and where hearings will be held. https://agedcare.royalcommission.gov.au
- Consumer Protection regularly produces and updates publications about real estate laws and licensing. This link will provide you with real estate information specific to retirement villages. https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/consumer-protection/publications-retirement-villages